Montgomery Taylor Wealth Management, a financial and tax preparation firm, is seeking a Tax Intern to assist us in our mission of helping clients achieve their financial goals.
Become a member of one of the most respected CPA teams in the wealth management industry. Montgomery Taylor Wealth Management was named one of the nation’s top wealth management firms. The founder, Montgomery Taylor, is a best-selling author and speaker.
Our mission at Montgomery Taylor Wealth Management is to be the most trusted for financial and tax advice. If you have a relentless, burning desire to succeed and share our vision, then we would love to hear from you!
The paid Tax Internship program is a dual-purpose role. The intern plays a critical role in the back-office functioning of our firm. With responsibility for the day-to-day operational duties of the firm, the Tax Intern ensures that all client paperwork and processing is handled in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. Our company’s goal is to give the candidate real tax experience, from the start to finish, which will strengthen any resume, and give the candidate an understanding of what to expect during full tax season, while allowing for the flexibility to focus on college as a priority. The position is part-time, 3-4 days per week, Monday through Saturday. Position starts Feb 1st and ends April 15th.
Responsibilities & Activities
- Provide administrative support, including scanning, creating excel summary spreadsheets, and preparing tax client materials as requested/required.
- Process new tax client onboarding by creating and inputting information into Sureprep and Lacerte, and preparing a physical folder.
- Prepare individual tax returns.
- Assist the tax processor in the assembly and finalization of the tax return.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent attitude and an extraordinary client service orientation.
- A strong focus on getting the details right.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- An ability to handle multiple tasks within tight time frames.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interest in and knowledge of tax preparation and laws.
- Attendance is an essential function and teamwork is key.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer a flexible working environment in a beautiful and professional office location. This is your chance to forge the path your career takes and in the continued success of our company. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, and focused on improving our client’s lives.
For more information about our company, please visit our website www.MontgomeryTaylorWealth.com
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and letter of interest to Kimberly@MontgomeryTaylorWealth.com . Given the high demand for this position, we’re only able to contact the most qualified candidates.