Dear Valued Clients
As more information continues to flood in about the spread of the Coronavirus, we want you to know that we are here for you. You can be assured that your health, and that of our employees and the greater community, is of the utmost importance to us.
We would like to provide you with an update on our commitment to maintaining all investment, tax, accounting and business operations during this challenging period. At Montgomery Taylor Wealth Management, risk management has been the underpinning of our business since its inception, and we believe we are in a strong position to navigate all current challenges. First and foremost, we would like to assure you that our service to you remains our top priority.
For Our Investment Clients
- For our clients with their investments under our management, we have implemented appropriate risk management steps. Our “Tactical Tilt” strategy reduced stock market exposure first on March 2, and then again on March 13 and March 17. This is to protect you from this rather sudden bear market, which appears to have further to go. (This strategy only applies to certain model portfolios. If you’re not sure you’re in one, you can call us.) Of course, we will “Tilt” the portfolio allocations back in order to participate in the growth, which is sure to come.
- During a bear market may be an opportune time to do a Roth conversion with lower tax implications. Let us know if you want to discuss this.
- With interest rates so low, you might check with your mortgage broker about refinancing your home mortgage.
- Please call or email us with your investment concerns. We want to help.
- We are also available to counsel your friends and family with any investment concerns they have.
For Our Tax & Accounting Clients
- In compliance with Sonoma County’s Shelter-In-Place ordinance, we must restrict in-person interaction. Fortunately, most all of our services can be easily handled virtually or by alternative means, such as telephone, fax, email, mail, etc.
- We are among those businesses listed as “Essential Services,” so our office will remain open to serve you. However, we want to use caution to protect you and us.
- If you have an in-office appointment scheduled, you will be contacted to decide the best course of action to meet your needs.
- If you must come in to our office to drop off paperwork, we have set a basket near our front door, in which you can place your documents. This helps keep us in line with the social distancing requirements.
- We can deliver your tax returns to you by mail, email or SmartVault, so that you do not have to come into our office. For those of you whom must come into our office, we ask that you call and schedule a pick-up appointment – this will help limit the number of people in our reception area at any one time.
- If/when the IRS announces an extension of the tax filing deadline – beyond April 15 – we will update you with information and how this will impact our delivery of tax preparation services.
- We are monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other federal, state and local agencies to ensure that the actions we are taking are in line with the latest CDC recommendations.
- We are keeping our employees informed and sharing information as it becomes available to ensure the health of our employees and our clients.
- As a precautionary step, we have installed stations, in our office, equipped with hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes for use by both our employees and clients.
We know you depend on Montgomery Taylor Wealth Management to partner with you and help guide you through difficult times, and we value that trust and partnership. We are confident we have taken all requisite preventative measures, and that you will be able to depend on us through these trying times.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. Our highest priority is keeping our employees and clients safe. A better Sonoma County. That’s our business.
Wishing you our best.